Go on an Epic European Vacation with Concorde World Travel
Explore the Sights, Sounds & History of Europe
Explore the sights, sounds and history of Eastern or Western Europe with a destination trip arranged by Concorde World Travel in Vancouver. We can arrange packages to the following countries:
Contact us to discuss pricing and availability with one of our available travel agents!
Eastern Europe Twin Capitals of Russia – Moscow – St. Petersburg
8 Days Land Only plus Airfare
This tour combines the rich history of the enigmatic capital of Russia, Moscow, with its younger sibling, the princely St. Petersburg in a mouth-watering introductory tour of Russia. If this marks your first visit to the largest country on Earth, this tour will allow you to taste Russian culture by exploring two cities that are distinctly different, yet related by blood and beating to the rhythm of the same heart. While the two cities may have been separated by history, they are forever inseparable.
Day 1: Saturday: Arrive in Moscow
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the central Cosmos Hotel *** for a 3-nights’ stay.
Day 2: Sunday: Moscow
10 am: Meet your English-speaking guide in the hotel lobby for a panoramic sightseeing tour of Moscow, featuring the views of the city’s most noteworthy landmarks. Continue with a tour of the world-famous Tretyakov Art Gallery
Day 3: Monday: Moscow
Today you will explore the Kremlin from inside. You will also have a separate tour of the Kremlin’s Armoury Museum. This is the oldest and the richest museum in Russia. Despite its name, it displays a splendid collection of Czars’ treasures including crown jewelry, court carriages, thrones, ambassadorial gifts and truly breathtaking Faberge eggs. The afternoon will be spent at your leisure.
Day 4: Tuesday: Moscow – St. Petersburg
The day will begin with a walking tour along the Old Arbat Street and a Moscow Subway stations tour. After dinner, you will transfer to the rail station for an overnight train to St. Petersburg.
Day 5: Wednesday: St. Petersburg
Day 5 will consist of a panoramic city tour, featuring views of the city’s major landmarks.
Day 6: Thursday: St. Petersburg
Today you will spend some 3 hours touring the State Hermitage Museum. The Hermitage is a world-class museum and Russia’s best gallery of world art, one of the most prominent art museums in the world and definitely the major attraction of St. Petersburg. You will continue with a visit inside the Peter-&-Paul Fortress.
Day 7: Friday: St. Petersburg
Today you will take a trip outside of St. Petersburg to Pushkin to visit the stunning Catherine’s Palace with its famous Amber Room.
Day 8: Saturday: St. Petersburg
Breakfast will be followed by a transfer to the airport/rail station.
- Accommodations at central hotels ***(*), with private facilities
- Two meals daily
- First-class overnight train, Moscow-St. Petersburg, a sleeping compartment for two on a shared basis
- Transfers upon arrival & departure
- Services of an expert English-speaking guide in each city
- A comprehensive sightseeing program in each city
- A panoramic city sightseeing tour of Moscow
- A tour of the Kremlin Grounds
- A visit inside the Armoury Museum within the Kremlin
- A tour of the Tretyakov Art Gallery
- Moscow Subway stations tour
- A walking tour of the Old Arbat
- Entrance fees & taxes
In St. Petersburg
- A panoramic city sightseeing tour of St. Petersburg
- A visit inside the Peter & Paul Fortress
- A tour of the State Hermitage Museum
- Out-of-town excursion to Catherine’s Palace in Pushkin
- Entrance fees & taxes
DEPARTURE: Weekly Guaranteed